I Love Vietnamese Food

It’s been a tough month for us. A dear member of our family passed away suddenly from complications of multiple myeloma.  We shared many great meals with him and one of his favorite dishes we made for him was roasted veal, be thui.  It’s so sad we won’t be able share this dish with him anymore. He was way too young and there were so many things we wanted to share with him but couldn’t. He was always proud of our accomplishments in school and in life, and what we did on this blog.  But we know he’s with loving family now and continuing to support us from above.

hongkimvietnamfoodweb

This was supposed to be a happier post. We didn’t plan on introducing our latest Vietnamese food themed word art design “I Love Vietnamese food” this way, but somehow, we think he’ll approve and would loved to have proudly worn this.  We also have signed poster prints available for framing.  Visit our store and reserve your shirt as only limited quantities will be printed. A portion of each sale will be donated to Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.

On a similar note, we’re happy to announce that a donation was given to SenHoa due to the success of the “Heo Yeah” T shirts.  This would not have been possible without the inspiration from Karena Higgins who designed the pig for Filipino foods on Pig Parts and Beer, a blog created by Karena and Haydee Vicedo, where they share a great passion for Filipino cuisine. Please check out the great stuff they’re doing.

17 Responses to “I Love Vietnamese Food”

Vietnamese food t-shirts and prints from the Ravenous Couple | The Plaid Bag Connection — March 25, 2012 @ 5:16 pm

[...] you buy the shirt Hong and Kim are wearing here, they will donate to the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation: Photo: The Ravenous [...]

Christine @ Fresh Local and Best — March 25, 2012 @ 7:38 pm

Condolences to your late family member. The best tribute that one can give a person is to remember them well and cherish those experiences you had with them. It sounds like you guys are already doing so.

On the brighter side, congratulations on the success of your shirts and posters! I love love love that picture of you two.

• The Ravenous Couple replied: — March 25th, 2012 @ 7:51 pm

thank you christine for your thoughtful and always uplifting words

elleroi — March 26, 2012 @ 9:12 am

So sorry to hear about your loss. I’ll light a candle in memory and send positive thoughts to you and your family.

In regards to the tshirts, when are you going to make baby sizes?

tudo — March 26, 2012 @ 11:10 am

I’m so sorry Kim, hope you and your family are feeling better. He was a good man and is in a better place….see you soon!

Dawei — April 2, 2012 @ 9:13 am

Love your pictures ! what camera or lens you will recommend for shooting food photo

• The Ravenous Couple replied: — April 2nd, 2012 @ 1:50 pm

prime lens are great or any fast lens w/ good depth of field

Lizzy — April 5, 2012 @ 9:31 am

Life is short, but time well spent. He is up there in Heaven and I know he’s very proud of you. He’s resting in paradise, pain free. Cheers to life, laughter, and FOOD! <3 Be strong Kimi <3

OysterCulture — April 7, 2012 @ 8:52 am

I am so sorry to hear about your family member but happy you got to experience the time you did have with him living it as full as possible.

Jacqueline — April 23, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

I love your food blog! I’m young and americanized so I know all the food, but I never learned how to cook it. Your blog helps me remember the name (with your amazing photography). I bought a shirt to support you & your family member. Sending my condolences. Hope everything getsss better from here!

Thank you for taking your time out to do this blog, definitely appreciated!

P.S. You should put up a Macaroon tips/tricks/recipe!!!!! I LOVE MACARONS :) Or have another Making Macaron Party! :)

Annie — June 14, 2012 @ 3:33 am

The posters will look so awesome in my dining room! Did you frame the posters in this picture? How do you suggest hanging the posters?

• The Ravenous Couple replied: — June 14th, 2012 @ 8:35 am

actually, these are canvas prints, but you can certainly frame them with simple black frame, maybe matted if you like, but not necessary.

Annie — June 14, 2012 @ 9:29 am

If I ordered the poster prints at your store, will it be on canvas? Thanks!

• The Ravenous Couple replied: — June 14th, 2012 @ 10:18 am

as you know, canvas prints at those sizes are pretty expensive–over twice as much. the ones we offer online are poster prints.

Annie — June 14, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

Would it be possible to order a canvas print through your website?

John Smith ( yes it really is ) — November 12, 2013 @ 3:58 am

Recently came across your site, as a resident of Sai gon, I have enjoyed Vietnamese food , but never attempted to cook it , that’s changed now. For your older followers , I like a lot of older people suffered with high blood pressure, now controlled with a daily pill, but the doctors wanted me to lower my cholesterol, Vietnamese food halved my readings in 6 months, my doctors were amazed ,

Enjoy the food it is fantastic