The Happiest Day of Our Lives

Exhilaration. Exasperation. Elation. Exhaustion. These are just some of the feelings and emotions during our wedding day and the days leading up to it as we planned a wedding for 400 plus guests and hosted over 40 out of town relatives—and just to make it more interesting, the paint was barely dry as we moved into our first home together just weeks before.  There were times throughout this process where we felt that the world was conspiring against us and that everything that could go wrong did.   At times we bickered at each other like never before.  We sometimes lost focus on the little things that in the end never mattered. We planned for the worst, and only hoped for the best.

But in the end, with the support of our loving family and friends everything came together beautifully.  It was indeed the happiest day of our lives. We couldn’t have done it without them and will be forever thankful.

Also many thanks to all our guest bloggers the last month: The Culinary Chronicles, Kirbie’s Cravings, Triple Scoop Desserts, Happyolks, and Kitchen Runway.  The honeymoon won’t be until October so we have some time unwind and get back into the kitchen and cook again. We’ll post the official photos as soon as we get them, but in the meantime, enjoy our same day edit of our wedding day by the great crew at Video Keepsakes.  Video Keepsakes, has generously offered a $100 gift certificate if we get the most comments on their blog so check it out and leave a comment under our video to help us win!

ps.  there’s a funny blooper on the video–kudos to the eagle eye that can catch it!

71 Responses to “The Happiest Day of Our Lives”

jenjenk — August 2, 2011 @ 12:25 pm

how beautiful!! congratulations – i feel like I was there!! :)

bumble bee — August 2, 2011 @ 12:43 pm

wow…speechless…Congratulations you both of you!

Debby — August 2, 2011 @ 1:26 pm

I have hosted many new year’s eve galas at the Crowne Plaza, so I was smiling when i saw the familiar chandeliers and ballroom!!! I also attend Holy Spirit Catholic Church, and so I feel like i was actually there watching your wedding!!

You both look lovely!!! what a happy day for you two!!! congratulations!!!

Ba — August 2, 2011 @ 1:46 pm

Congrats!

Pauline @thelipstickcafe — August 2, 2011 @ 2:09 pm

How lovely to see the whole ceremony from beginning to end, especially the Vietnamese tea ceremony. I wish you both much love and happiness. Congratulations and I can’t wait to hear all about Espana!

Jenn — August 2, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

Congratulations you two! I can’t believe you already have a video up!

Bianca @ South Bay Rants n Raves — August 2, 2011 @ 8:12 pm

Beee yooo tiful! Thank you so much for sharing a snippet of your special day. That video was lovely! I liked that pre-ceremony, it was nice to see. Much happiness to you both.

Christine @ Fresh Local and Best — August 2, 2011 @ 9:19 pm

Thank you thank you for sharing a piece of your special day with us! Such a heart warming experience it is to see how happy everyone was in the video! You guys are such a lovely and beautiful couple! Hugs and kisses to the both of you. Congratulations!

Gary Freedline — August 2, 2011 @ 10:23 pm

Hi everyone,

I see the blooper! but it certainly was a highlight of the day!

Congratulations again, we had a terrific time with your family and friiends!

The long version “theatrical Release” will have a lot of wild dancing in it too since your crowd did not stop dancing once the DJ started rocking the house down.

Table 38 and 39 could not stop crying over the two of you. I think they were adamant about who knew you guys longest and whom loved you the most.

I might touch up that “gitch” in the next edit – your call!

Gary
    CEO
    Video Keepsakes, Inc.

Also folks, please check it on our blog

Video Keepsakes and post comments there too. The bride/groom with the most posts will recieve a $100 gift cretificate from Video Keepsakes.

Kimberly — August 2, 2011 @ 11:24 pm

Oh my goodness!! Congratulations!! That video made me cry!

Marie — August 2, 2011 @ 11:53 pm

Congrats you guys!!!!! Beautiful video =)

Mike — August 3, 2011 @ 5:45 am

Congratulations!

Debi Shawcross — August 3, 2011 @ 5:51 am

Aww…you are a beautiful couple with a bright future ahead! Congrats Hong & Kim!

norma — August 3, 2011 @ 6:15 am

Congratulations and wish you much happiness. You made me feel as if I was there with you. I believe in tradition and the home ceremony was so beautiful. You both looked marvelous and such a lovely family. Made me cry! If the was a blooper, I missed it…evrything was perfect.

Joan Nova — August 3, 2011 @ 6:31 am

First and foremost, congratulations and best wishes for a delicious future!

The video was spectacular…fabulous perspectives!

No eagle eye here. I didn’t spot the blooper.

Mai — August 3, 2011 @ 7:26 am

Congratulations you guys! You both looked gorgeous and so freakin’ happy. That video brought tears to my eyes. To see the Buddhist traditions and Catholic sides. Wonderful. Whoever did that video did an AMAZING job. I can’t wait to see the videos of the future upcoming kids but I guess that comes after the honeymoon. Have fun and may you have many years to come of joy, happiness and smiles. You guys rock.

Karen M — August 3, 2011 @ 8:11 am

Dear Hong and Kim,
    Thank you so much for sharing your special day with me – I wish you many years of love, health and happiness…

Vy T — August 3, 2011 @ 9:11 am

Congrats! I will getting marry next year around Aug. Where did you get your hair and makeup done? I love videographer too! I’m so happy for both of you :D

Xuan — August 3, 2011 @ 10:47 am

Dear Hong & Kim,

Congratulations on your marriage! What a lovely wedding! I almost cried. :) Chuc anh chi tram nam hanh phuc!

maureenC — August 3, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Congratulations! I see the blooper! (only took 3 tries)

Jessica L. Binder — August 3, 2011 @ 4:00 pm

I came to the blog to find a recipe I’ve used before and I see the big news! Congratulations Hong and Kim! To a lifetime of delicious food together!! Hope to finally meet you next time you’re in NY.

Joan — August 3, 2011 @ 4:16 pm

Congrats to the both of you! Such a great video! I really enjoyed watching it.

Ninette — August 3, 2011 @ 6:08 pm

Thank you not only for sharing your wonderful food but your wonderful relationship and larger family (what beautiful smiles!). My husband and I just celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary, and we have been together as a couple for almost 25 years. Weddings are filled with a lot of little details — much more elaborate than when I got married — but the most important detail is your vows. Beyond all the beautiful surface things is where your real focus will be over the years — love, mutual respect, and acceptance of your partner as they are and as they change over the years (foibles and all). Bless you both and our prayers for a loving and fulfilling life as a married couple.

wenders — August 3, 2011 @ 11:26 pm

Thank you for sharing your special day with all of us! The video keepsake is truly that, a wonderful keepsake! Can’t believe that is a same-day edit clip, it’s great!

Trammie — August 4, 2011 @ 2:18 am

Congratulations and all best wishes to you two ! It’s such a beautiful wedding and the video makes me cry

CPT Pham — August 4, 2011 @ 5:50 am

Beautiful wedding! Welcome to the Phamily Kim! Love you both!

Yolanda — August 4, 2011 @ 12:04 pm

Congratulations! The pictures are beautiful. We all loved them at the office! Once again congratulations and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samantha — August 4, 2011 @ 1:44 pm

Awwww! Congrats! You two look really cute together. Beautiful day of events.

slammie — August 4, 2011 @ 3:20 pm

Congratulations! Beautiful couple!

Kathy Diaz (found baking) — August 5, 2011 @ 12:06 am

YAY! Congratulations to you both! Wishing you the best in your married life. Revel in the post-wedding era before it all gets back to normal again. :)

mycookinghut — August 5, 2011 @ 12:05 pm

Congrats!!!

ly nguyen — August 5, 2011 @ 4:22 pm

congratulations to u both,. i dont know u guys personaly but the love and happiness comes shows through ur smiles =) chuc hai nguoi tram nam hanh phuc.

PS: nice rock ! ^_*

Hiep Tan — August 6, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

Congratulations to you both! Beautiful family and beautiful wedding!

My Linh — August 6, 2011 @ 2:59 pm

Congratulations! It’s been such a pleasure following your lives and your recipes.

Cheryl — August 6, 2011 @ 11:32 pm

Congratulations to both of you!!! Beautiful wedding!!! Thank you for sharing with us!!! Love your blog and excited to try all your recipes!!!

Angela — August 9, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

*Beautiful wedding! May joy and happiness be with you two. :) Congrats!

lisa — August 9, 2011 @ 6:09 pm

Congratulations! and what a small world, Duc Ong Tuan also married my sister!

Connie — August 12, 2011 @ 12:11 pm

What a beautiful couple you are! Best wishes and thank you for sharing such a personal moment!

Phuoc'n Delicious — August 14, 2011 @ 6:36 am

Congratulations guys! May the rest of your married life together be filled with lots of joy

T — August 14, 2011 @ 3:39 pm

Small world! I actually met some of your cousins!

Susie — August 14, 2011 @ 5:31 pm

Wow! You seem so young and down-to-earth. Congratulations! I liked the clear and artistic images of your video.

Anne — August 16, 2011 @ 11:23 am

Oh My Buddha! I can’t believe you two got married the same day we did! After 2 months of not checking our blog roll because we too were busy planning a wedding, what do I see when I open up your blog! That is terrific! Congratulations. We posted a time lapse of our wedding on our blog if you want to check it out.

Again congratulations you two certainly look happy!

diem — August 17, 2011 @ 6:55 pm

Congrats!!! I’m catholic too :) pls continue these recipes…I don’t know how to cook and recently moved out on my own with my bf so your recipes help so much!!!

Jodie — August 19, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

Congrats on your wedding! I am so happy for you. After making so many delicious recipes, you two are perfect together in the kitchen and in life. I look forward to your wedding pictures when you post them!!

Darian — August 19, 2011 @ 2:17 pm

That video was beautiful.

Stu — August 20, 2011 @ 1:58 pm

Congratulations. A long, prosperous and happy life awaits you!

Thao B — August 24, 2011 @ 8:22 am

Congratulations, I hope you both have many years of happiness and delicious food! Best wishes

:D — August 24, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Thanks for sharing the video. Congratulations! Such a beautiful tradition and an elegant wedding celebration. A very nice video and I love the song by Jack Johnson which I heard for the first time (and downloaded from iTunes). Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness…lots of more good cooking and eating too!

RecipeOfTheWeek — August 24, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

This is such a beautiful video! You are both way too cute for words! Love this!

Homemade Beauty Recipes — August 28, 2011 @ 11:05 pm

Congratulations you two! I can’t believe you already have a video up!

Hue — August 29, 2011 @ 12:21 pm

Congratulations. I love your blog and your recipes.

Nuoc Mat Artichoke Pandan Iced Tea — August 31, 2011 @ 6:30 am

[...] Hong’s family was in town for our wedding, all 40 of them, we brewed so many gallons of nước mát we lost count. It was the perfect [...]

swtd12eams — August 31, 2011 @ 8:36 pm

Congratulations! What a beautiful wedding. Thanks for sharing this video (and all your recipes) with us. =)

MTY — September 4, 2011 @ 8:32 pm

Just recently discovered your wonderful blog. Congratulations!! The Lord bless you in your marriage!

Taste Tester — September 5, 2011 @ 3:07 pm

Congrats to you both! Beautiful video :)

lesusan — September 8, 2011 @ 6:24 pm

what a beautiful video! Thank you so much for sharing. I think I found the blooper, does it have to do w/ Hong? :))

annmistydu — September 13, 2011 @ 9:56 am

well prepared wedding arrangement. Nice for sharing the video!

Vietnamese Atlantan — September 16, 2011 @ 7:21 pm

Beautiful video! Such an inspiration!! you guys rocks!

Lynda T — September 20, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

I cried…thank you for sharing <3

jin — September 27, 2011 @ 12:19 am

such a beautiful wedding. congratulations and hope you two love and eat together for many decades to come!

Anna Vu — October 7, 2011 @ 1:38 am

Such a sbeautiful wedding – makes me wish that I had gone the traditional route for nuptiuals! All the very best, a thousand years good luck, health and happiness to you both! Marriage is grand!

Jackie — October 18, 2011 @ 8:56 am

Love, love the ceremony. Congratulations to the both of you :)

Trinh Nguyen — December 17, 2011 @ 9:54 pm

Hi Kim and Hong,
    I found your website when I searched for Xoi Vo recipe. I used it and Xoi Vo turned out perfect. Anyway, we think that we know Hong (or Phuc) through VYAG in Seattle, WA. He used to live across from Swedish hospital and we (and VYAG) group had deep friend Turkey at his apt. when he lived here. If we are not mistaken, Hong is a Radiologist. We’re glad to see that Hong is happily married to a great lady.
    Thanks for the great recipes. Trinh & Chuong, Auburn, WA.

• The Ravenous Couple replied: — December 20th, 2011 @ 8:35 am

Hi Trinh and Chuong,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write–so surprised you remember that deep fried turkey! Of course I remember you guys! Hope you’re doing well up in Seattle. I miss it very much. So glad that the xoi recipe worked for you. Happy Holidays! Phuc

Trinh Nguyen — December 17, 2011 @ 9:58 pm

Congratulations! Chuc mung 2 nguoi tram nam hanh phuc. (Trinh & Chuong)

Trinh Nguyen — December 19, 2011 @ 9:25 am

Hong & Kim..I meant Deep FRIED Turkey..

t_hooya — December 21, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

I love your website.
    All good recipes are here really! Not only good recipes, but nice and beautiful with very high quality of pictures and videos added.
    I love it so much and I appreciate your time and your cooking experience very much my friend.
    I must vote this ravenous couple website is the BEST Vietnamese cooking website that I’ve ever found on internet!

Le — March 14, 2012 @ 8:40 am

What a beautiful wedding and you 2 are a good looking couple…especially co dau is so de thuong. I found your website through Food Wishes website. I loved the banh cam video/recipe, can’t wait to make it soon. Btw, you both also have such a nice, sweet voices-chu re has such a soft voice. Congratulations to you two and thank you so much for sharing the videos and recipes.

Giau Vo — April 3, 2012 @ 12:50 pm

Hi,
    Such a gorgeous couple ^^
    And sis Hong must be the most beautiful woman on the day :)

rose mato — August 11, 2012 @ 9:41 am

love wedding…also believe it’s better to be together. good luck HONG and KIM, all the best for years to come. love your site.

The Ravenous Couple — September 12, 2012 @ 12:22 pm

hi jenny, thanks for the tip! it was borrowed pair, we have no idea